Welcome to WiPN Austin! We have the unique opportunity to hear from Dr. Ben Sorensen. He is the co-founder and vice president of Optimum Associates, LLC, a premier leadership training and management consulting firm. Ben brings a rich mix of corporate experience, nonprofit work, and teaching ability to help individuals in corporate, governmental, and nonprofit organizations improve their professional skills.
The purpose of having Dr. Sorensen at our event is to equip and promote the unique needs of women in our industry for greater success and visibility. We will listen to Ben for about an hour and will then have time for networking after the presentation.
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you there!
* Please plan to arrive with enough time to navigate downtown traffic and find parking.
About Our Speaker
Dr. Ben Sorenses
Ben Sorenses is the co-founder and vice president of Optimum Associates, LLC, a premier leadership training and management consulting firm. Ben brings a rich mix of corporate experience, nonprofit work, and teaching ability to help individuals in corporate, governmental, and nonprofit organizations improve their professional skills. Those skills include communication, resolving conflict, delivering effective customer service, providing more effective feedback to employees, and increasing organizational savvy.
- Coauthored Customer Tells: Delivering World-Class Customer Service by Reading Your Customer’s Signs and Signals (Kaplan Publishing, 2007), which focuses on how to communicate effectively and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excelled in pharmaceutical sales, financial services, and the educational field having worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and Pfizer, where he was one of the top-producing health care representatives.
- Trains thousands of individuals every year in organizations around the world and across a wide spectrum of industries. His current clients include T. Rowe Price, PepsiCo, Disney, and DIRECTV.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts from Emory University, a Master of Arts in Leadership from Duquesne University, a Master of Divinity from Amridge University, a Doctor of Ministry from Amridge University, a Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence from the National Intelligence University, and a Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Founding member and Board member of Mission United, a United Way organization helping veterans.
- An ordained Presbyterian minister and police chaplain.
- Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy Reserve, serving as an intelligence officer.
- Fort Lauderdale City Commissioner.
VALUE TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
Often, the key to success is effective communication and negotiation with colleagues and with your clients. With his varied experience and background, Ben Sorensen can share his expertise on a range of topics and help people in your organization build the skills that are important for working in the financial world and making the most of client relationships.