Join us at ASPPA National for WiPN’s EXCELerate program presented by Dr. Ben Sorensen. In this program, you will learn practical tips for how you can elevate your career within the retirement industry. This program will equip you with techniques and skills that meet the specific challenges and realities you face as you advance in the retirement industry. Networking time is built into the agenda. Food and beverages will be served.
Please note you must be attending ASPPA Annual to attend this event.
About Our Speaker
Dr. Ben Sorensen Ben Sorensen is the co-founder and vice president of Optimum Associates, LLC, a premier leadership training and management consulting firm. Ben brings a rich mix of corporate experience, nonprofit work, and teaching ability to help individuals in corporate, governmental, and nonprofit organizations improve their professional skills. Those skills include communication, resolving conflict, delivering effective customer service, providing more effective feedback to employees, and increasing organizational savvy.
- Coauthored Customer Tells: Delivering World-Class Customer Service by Reading Your Customer’s Signs and Signals (Kaplan Publishing, 2007), which focuses on how to communicate effectively and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excelled in pharmaceutical sales, financial services, and the educational field having worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and Pfizer, where he was one of the top-producing health care representatives.
- Trains thousands of individuals every year in organizations around the world and across a wide spectrum of industries. His current clients include T. Rowe Price, PepsiCo, Disney, and DIRECTV.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts from Emory University, a Master of Arts in Leadership from Duquesne University, a Master of Divinity from Amridge University, a Doctor of Ministry from Amridge University, a Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence from the National Intelligence University, and a Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Founding member and Board member of Mission United, a United Way organization helping veterans.
- An ordained Presbyterian minister and police chaplain.
- Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy Reserve, serving as an intelligence officer.
- Fort Lauderdale City Commissioner.
VALUE TO YOUR ORGANIZATION Often, the key to success is effective communication and negotiation with colleagues and with your clients. With his varied experience and background, Ben Sorensen can share his expertise on a range of topics and help people in your organization build the skills that are important for working in the financial world and making the most of client relationships.