The 2018 WIPN event at the NAPA 401(k) SUMMIT was a celebration of great accomplishments. President Denise Diana kicked off the meeting by listing the organization’s incredible year-to-date success and thanking her fellow WiPN Board members who have helped drive all of the initiatives so flawlessly. She also recognized the efforts of the regional co-chairs and all of the committee members for their hours of service to the organization. Among the accomplishments:
- The WiPN Network reach has expanded to more than 2000 individuals! Thanks to the efforts of Christine Stauffer, Membership Committee Chair and Pat Advaney, Marketing Committee Chair, 100 new members joined in the last 2 months alone.
- Corporate Sponsorships grew from 10 to 40 companies. Jillian White, Sponsorship Committee Chair, drove this effort with help from Past President, Kathleen Roche. These sponsorships underscore significant business commitment to our mission.
- 13 Regional Chapters created and are on the rise. Newly launched in 2017, 13 Regional Chapters now bring the WiPN mission and networking to a more local level, where we’re able to reach more women in the industry. Many thanks to Lauren Hill, Events Committee Chair, for overseeing this incredible expansion.
- WiPN Rebranded. Over the past 2 years, Daniella Moiseyev worked tirelessly performing a face-lift of the brand, modernizing the website with a completely refreshed look and feel. This year, more user-friendly functionality was built through a new payment system increasing the user experience.
- Event attendance climbed off the charts, particularly with webinars. Lauren Hill and Andrea Masucci, Mentorship Committee Chair, have implemented a members-only strategy for certain events, which has provided an added incentive for more women to join WiPN.
- The mentorship program continues to generate success stories. Andrea Masucci matches mentors with mentees, helping members build new relationships and be successful in their careers. Mary Lou Wattman, Amy Glynn, and Kathleen Roche, previous members of this committee, also contributed many hours to help make this program thrive.
- Marketing activity takes off, driving key initiatives. Pat Advaney has executed on many initiatives, resulting in increased membership, being published for the first time in NAPA Net, and facilitating our strategic partnerships.
- Operational effectiveness increased through technology. Jennifer Norr, WiPN Treasurer, led an initiative to revamp the accounting system and automate many functions helping the organization increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Denise Diana addresses the WiPN membership prior to the presentation by our guest speaker and panelists. Photo credit: Melanie Grady Photography.